Friday, April 1, 2011

Strength in Softness...

April 1, 2011


Proverbs 31:22 she makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple


The fact that her clothing was “fine linen and purple” shows us how successful she was in all her activities; as these were expensive materials to have your clothes made from. I cannot imagine that this woman who has been so diligent in every aspect of her life would let her personal appearance go. I love being a girl; l love dressing up, putting on make-up, jewelry, you name it, if it’s girly I’ll love it. I relish in that aspect of my femininity; it doesn’t define me but I believe it adds to who I am. I often wonder what causes women to lose this about themselves. I wonder why women can’t see that there is strength in softness. God created us to be feminine, but that does not mean He made us weak. Of course, as believers, both male and female, our strength comes from God’s indwelling spirit, and to think otherwise is pride. I’m not talking about that, instead, what I’m referring to is how many women refuse to be women. They refuse to embrace what makes us feminine, makes us soft. Then of course you have the opposite woman who thinks it’s necessary to show every asset she has at the ballpark. I’m not talking about that either; there is beauty in modesty also. What I’m getting at here is be the “woman” God created you to be. Take care of yourself, take care of what you wear (make the clothes you go to bed in be different from the clothes you go to wal-mart in!) take care of that you look like when you go out the door. This lady did, and I think she did so because she knew that she represented her husband, her family, her household and most importantly her God.

No comments:

Post a Comment