Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Walking is Hard...

February 15, 2011


1 Peter 1:5-6

V 6 …though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials

I think back to where I was just last year or better yet, last summer and I think how arrogant I was. Even though I would never have considered myself as that; I would have said spiritual. And I was, I’m not implying that what I learned or how I lived was superficial; no, I experienced a wonderful time of growth with God. I was convinced that I would always grow and always be able to handle anything that came my way. God did grow me; He did shape me and give me tons of valuable knowledge of Him. Yet, it was always untested. I had no idea what it would be like to live in the midst of a trial, home-school my children, be a loving wife, and a mom. I arrogantly assumed that I could handle it all because God had graciously grown me in ways I could not believe. And He had. Yet, what I never realized is that, when God brings you through “various trial” for “a little while”; it’s so that your knowledge can be given feet to walk. It is the walking that I’m discovering that hurts; it is what is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment