Monday, February 21, 2011

Enduring...

February 21, 2011


1 Peter 1:16 since it is written, “You shall be holy for I am holy.”

Yesterday I sat and listened to a great godly man describe how I should live out my faith to others. He gave us seven things from scripture to add to our faith. Needless to say I spent most of that lesson with my eyes lowered so that he wouldn’t see the guilt within them, since I know that I have been neglectful in some of those areas. However, I am thankful that God’s providence brought him to tell us these truths. Yet, my toes were sore after he steped on them!! One of those seven things that I knew was missing from my life immediately was endurance. I think I have forgotten what God has taught me about endurance. Or maybe, I was under the misassumption that things we are called to endure are easy. I mean as I type this I realize how crazy that sounds, but most of the time we shy away from the things that are hard. Yet, God calls us to endure. I’m not sure what my ramblings had to do with 1 Peter 1:16 but there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment