Friday, March 9, 2012

Jimminy Cricket and boat rudders...


March 7, 2012

1 Timothy 1:19 …holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this some have made a shipwreck of their faith



To say that I love Disney is somewhat an understatement…but I’ll go ahead and say it, “I Love Disney.” As the fireworks blast over Cinderella’s castle, you can hear Jiminy Cricket say his famous words, “Let your conscience be your guide.” Now who knows if Jiminy was quoting scripture here but God’s word is clear that He, God, gave us our consciences’ to guide us. MacArthur says that “A good conscience serves as the rudder that steers the believer through the rocks and reefs of sin and error.” We need our consciences and we need to listen to them. On some days, I think if I have to tell my children something one more time I will just scream, or the desire to just give up and give in will hit me hard. Why? Well mainly because no one is listening to me. I’m talking but the words may as well be gibberish for all anyone pays attention. I wonder if our consciences are like that. Over and over it will tell us that our behavior, thoughts, or attitudes are wrong and the more we don’t listen the softer the voice becomes; until we are left with our hand on the steering wheels of our lives and not our God given consciences.

No comments:

Post a Comment