Thursday, March 1, 2012

being the foremost..


March 1, 2012

1 Timothy 1:13-15

v 15  …Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost



“I am the foremost” not “I was the foremost”, Paul never denies his past sins; he never tries to cover up his persecution of Christians. He doesn’t offer up excuses, but he accepts responsibility and gives God credit for his salvation. What is I think the most amazing thing about Paul is that even after salvation and after he has given up his life to further the gospel, Paul still refers to himself as a chief sinner. He still sees himself as one of the worst sinners out there. Do we? Or do we assume that we are better than others simply because we are saved. Or ever worse, in my opinion, do we say we are “chief among sinners” but our actions don’t reflect that we really believe it. However, the truth is just like Paul, we are ALL the foremost sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment