Thursday, March 29, 2012

the reflection of our words...


March 29, 2012

1 Timothy 2:10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works



It’s just not enough to make sure that my clothes are modest or to make sure that I’m not trying to gain undue attention with my wardrobe choices. I must make sure that how I conduct myself reflects my words. If everyone around me knows that I am a Christian; if I have proclaimed with my lips (or in my case my keyboard and blog) that I am a woman who loves God. Then my actions had better back that up. Words are meaningless unless I’m willing to live it out. I will say that I don’t believe that this is an area that we will ever really achieve total success at. I think instead, that we will continue to grow in it; God will continue to show us areas in our lives that we need to work on, areas where our actions don’t reflect our words. The point is that if we are going to proclaim ourselves to be Godly women we should at least try our very best to act like it. How sad would it be if our children or anyone close to us were never able to tell from our actions that we loved God?

No comments:

Post a Comment