Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Choosing Gratitude Day 2: Abounding in Thanksgiving


January 18, 2012

Colossians 1:19 for in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell



In this second day of our gratitude devotional, Ms. Demoss is teaching us why believers have no option but to be grateful. That reason is that our gratitude rests on what Christ did for us on the cross, and also as important on who He is. Everything we have to be thankful for comes from Him. He is our joy and our hope. We can find it in nothing else; not any earthly source or any church service. Only in our relationship with Him; it is certainly a tall order to think about having to be grateful for everything in our lives because quiet frankly not everything that happens to us is good. Yet, our circumstances isn’t the parameter by which we judge being grateful. It is in what Christ has already done for us. He has saved us, and He sustains us.

My Five Thankful Things:
  1. God is a God who answers prayers
  2. My sweet little girl who told me yesterday not to worry because while I was gone God would help us send "heart emails" to each other when we look at the moon!
  3. the hugs and kisses I get everyday from my children; and when my sweet Jackson tells me I'm the most beautifulest mom ever ( I don't correct his grammer!!)
  4. my sweet little baby who gets in my bed a lot cause he just needs to snuggle
  5. learning the power of being still and waiting before God and trusting in His power

No comments:

Post a Comment