Monday, January 16, 2012

#1 Defined by Gratitude


January 16, 2012

Colossians 3:12-17

**In our small group at church we are starting a great new study on gratitude…Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss…for that study we are doing a special devotional three times a week for nine weeks** this is #1



I was asked my Ms. DeMoss to rate myself on how grateful I am. I must be honest and say that I really haven’t thought a lot about what it really means to be grateful, and I’m learning that being grateful is much more than just being thankful. Ms DeMoss defines gratitude this way “learning to recognize and express appreciation for the benefits we receive from God and from others.” I know that I have been blessed beyond measure by God and the many family and friends that make up my life; I am sad to say that I haven’t thanked them for that! I pray that God will help me to become more thankful, more grateful, as I learn what that word really means. That it would permeate my life and be an outpouring that others can see. I am also suspossed to write down

5 things that I am thankful for each day, so here’s my list:

·     apparently Elle-Catherine ate something that did agree with her, and we aren’t dealing with a stomach virus in our house

·     excitement building for mine and Terry’s upcoming trip

·     God’s blessings on my endeavor to become more healthy

·     My mom and dad who will keep our children while we are on the trip I mentioned in #3

·     Sunday dinners at my Mom & Pop-in-Law’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment