Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nothing Hidden


January 4, 2012

Jeremiah 23:24 Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him?



Ever been confronted with something in your life that maybe you either didn’t realize was there or you have been somewhat ignoring. I have and it always seems to happen to me early in the morning. In those moments between sleep and awake, I will start to dwell on something God is laying on my heart. Always it’s dealing with something we would prefer to remain hidden right? Yet, God’s word tells us that if we are His He will discipline us; for He disciplines those He loves. This happened to me today and I’m glad it did. This morning I was forced to confront something I have been neglecting, not horribly, but I certainly wasn’t doing things as I should, and God gently reminded me of that this morning. I am grateful because as I was reflecting on things this morning I was reminded of another fact of life. Our sin doesn’t always just affect us, nope many times it also affects those we love the most, and that would break me. So, as I sit here writing this I’m thankful that even though I might prefer not to acknowledge the less sterling facts about my character God will not allow me to ignore them, and nothing is ever hidden from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment