Monday, July 7, 2014

being judged...

July 7, 2014
Psalm 7 & 8
Psalm 7:8 The lord judge the peoples; judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness and according to the integrity that is in me


What a bold prayer that is? To ask God to judge you; to willingly set yourself up for God to look upon your life and find you lacking or righteous. I’m not sure, for me, this would always be a wise prayer. In fact, I know that it wouldn’t. For one thing I firmly believe in the judgment of God. I believe that He judges and disciplines His children. I believe that if I ask God to judge me He will and to be honest I wouldn’t escape discipline most days. To be sure, any good in me at all is the result of the indwelling Holy Spirit but I know that I allow my sin to overwhelm and quiet the working power of the Holy Spirit. To be able to pray this prayer and know that God would find me righteous is my hope…what I am working toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment