Monday, May 16, 2011

My Place of Abundance...

May 16, 2011


Psalm 66:12 …we went through fire and through water; yet you have brought us out to a place of abundance

I’m not sure if I have ever been more excited, relieved, elated to end something as I was to see the end of our first year of Home School. Not because I felt like we were not doing what God had called us to do, and not because we were not going to continue on in our Home Schooling journey. Simply because last year was filled with one long roller coaster ride after another; it was one thing after another all the time, and I never seemed to get a handle on it. It was also a year filled with learning many things about myself; some good, many not so good. I have learned that although Home School is intended to teach my children, I will come out of it learning so much, and I don’t mean 4th grade math! I have learned that although I had always viewed myself as a giving, self-sacrificing Mom I really wasn’t. However, in order to Home School to the success that I desire I will have to become that mom. As excited as I was to end last year, I am equally excited to start next year. I want to put into practice all that God has revealed to me this year. However, for a couple of weeks prior to our summer semester starting I’m looking forward to basking in my place of abundance that God as lead me to!

No comments:

Post a Comment