Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Enjoying the Moments...

May 4, 2011


Ecclesiastes 2:15-26

V 24 There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil

As the author looks back on his life he sees all that he has worked for and he realizes one important fact; all of us die. The person who has lived a life of fruitful toil the one who actually tried to make a difference will pass away just like the one who lived his life squandering what he has been given. Since death is a certainty for everyone, it is important to enjoy what we do here. As Solomon is looking back on his life he realizes the importance of living in the now. To enjoy today; to live our lives so fully that if today were it we would have no regrets. Who does that, who puts 100% of who they are into each day? I know that I don’t, I know that at times I live as if I’m guaranteed tomorrow. Which I know we are not; yet, on some days this is what my life reflects. We are told to find enjoyment in our work, in our everyday lives. In the just average moments of our life, live those as if they were our last.

No comments:

Post a Comment