Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Never Having to Wish...

August 24, 2010


“Reckless faith isn’t fake. It doesn’t pretend. It feels deeply and lives fully. It ask questions, cries out, and tests boundaries. It has dynamic conversations with God. It molds its understanding as it encounters new situations. God has a plan is not a cliché. God has a plan is a mantra for a way of life that says you don’t have to have all the answers to proceed. You can throw yourself toward the Red Sea and believe if it parts, praise God you knew it would!” –Beth Guckenberger



I read this in an email this morning sent to me from a family who is on their way to South Korea, simply because God called them to. I was impressed by this quote; then my second thought was “oh, to have that kind of faith”. I was immediately upset with myself because there is no reason why I can’t have that kind of faith. To say that I “wish” is just giving me the excuse not to pursue it. For the truth of the matter is this, it is much easier to “wish” than to pursue because in the wishing there never has to be any change. I can still travel along in my little box and never step out of my comfort zone; never attempt anything that the world would find unusual or strange; there is no fear in the never trying. “He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?” Mark 4:40.

No comments:

Post a Comment