Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Life of Character...

August 4, 2010


1 Thessalonians 1:4-5

V 5 …you know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.

Paul led a life of character. In his life, you would find nothing to refute his claim to being a believer in Jesus Christ. John MacArthur says this “The quality of the message was confirmed by the character of the lives of the preachers.” We aren’t all preachers, of course, but we are all responsible for how our actions reflect Christ. If those around us know we go to church and claim to love Christ, yet our actions seem no different than those who do not, something is wrong. I often wonder what others see when they look at me; do they notice my level of devotion to God. Do they notice the differences in my life lately? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment