Friday, August 6, 2010

Turning to God Daily...

August 6, 2010


1 Thessalonians 1:8-10

V 9 …turned from God from idols

This verse is specifically speaking of repentance. These Thessalonicaian believers were saved. However as I read this I thought about my own life. An idol doesn’t have to be a golden calf but it can represent anything that takes a part of our lives that should belong to God. For many years issues with my weight have been my idol. It has taken me years and years to even be able to admit this because it’s just so much easier to deny the presence of idols in my life than to confront them. However to truly be who God is calling me to be I must confront them. This has been a long hard journey and to be honest it’s still not complete; I understand that this will probably never be completely out of my life. It is my desire to turn from my idol to God. Anyone else have an idol their struggling with?

No comments:

Post a Comment