Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Being Steadfast

August 3, 2010


1 Thessalonians 1:3

V 3 remembering before our God and Father you work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ

Steadfast is defined as: fixed in direction, firm in purpose, unwavering. In this verse Paul was referring to the ministry efforts of the believers in the Thessalonica church. They were only able to be faithful because they had faith, hope and love in Jesus Christ. The NKJV uses the word patience instead of steadfastness. I was comparing my attitude about ministry to those of these early church believers to see how I would measure up. Am I patient, or steadfast in my ministry efforts to others? I think that sometimes I could answer that with a Yes, but often the answer would be No. I think that I get tired, worn down and sometimes aggravated this would not reflect and attitude of “steadfast hope”; I often lose sight of the most important aspect of ministry, God is the one who actually changes people. I can only do what He has called me to do. God actually brings about the change and that might not happen in my timetable. Realizing this is always hard for me. I want change to happen NOW!!! Anyone else like that??

No comments:

Post a Comment