Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The "Real" Power of Positive Thinking...

November 10, 2010


Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things

I’ve been thinking about this verse a lot lately. God’s word promises us as believers “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you…(John 14:27). It is clear throughout scripture that God is the giver of Peace. Yet, we, as believers, cannot just expect peace just because we want it, and we certainly don’t deserve it. I think that in order to enjoy that “peace that passes all understanding” we must obey. Isaiah 26:3 makes this clearer “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in You.” In order to enjoy God’s peace we must only allow our thoughts to dwell on what we know to be true. For me it is this…”for I know the plans I have for you , declares the lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment