Monday, November 8, 2010

Are we useful?

November 8, 2010


John 9:1-3

V2-3 and his disciples asked him “Rabbi, who sinned this man or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him”

How many times did that blind man wonder why he had been born blind? I’m sure that his life was filled with much difficulty; I’m sure that many pondered why he had been given this affliction. However, I’m guessing that the thought that he might be able to give God glory never crossed his mind. Likewise, when we are dealing with something difficult in our lives, I’m sure that our first thought is “Woe is me”; rather that how can I glorify God through this. God had a very specific purpose for this blind man, and He has one for the affliction that faces us. In order for us to trust God, we must be hanging on to Him; we must be consumed by Him. Otherwise our problems will overshadow any usefulness we may have to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment