Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Confronting Sin...

November 3, 2010


John 8:36-48

V 48 the Jews answered him, “Are we not right in saying that you are a Samaritan and have a demon?”

As I have been reading this exchange between Jesus and the Jews I’m amazed at the audacity of these people. They are being confronted by their sin and they don’t like it. In fact they hate it and are attacking Jesus. Are we guilty of that? We might not attack Jesus but perhaps we try to down play our sin. Perhaps we fail to recognize it’s destruction or maybe we even choose to ignore it all together. These Jews were refusing to believe that they were in fact wrong and were trying to push the blame onto Jesus. Do I do this too? Am I willing to question or look for any excuse instead to confronting the sin in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment