Thursday, October 28, 2010

Are we thirsty?

October 28, 2010


John 7:32-39

V 37…”If anyone thirsts, let him come to him and drink”

As I’ve been on a journey to be more physically healthy I’ve learned some things. One of those things is that generally speaking we are more dehydrated in the mornings. Our bodies are thirsty. In the summer, I run in the mornings but I’m a total chicken once the weather gets cooler, so I run in the afternoons. What I’ve learned is that after the morning run I’m parched. I really need a drink, my body is craving water. The same is true about our spiritual lives. As we are “running the race” we get thirsty. We get tired, and without a steady diet of the “living” water we will be unable to complete what is set before us. Just like our physical bodies crave and thirst for water first thing in the morning; so do our “spiritual” bodies. Becoming dehydrated in a spiritual sense is just as dangerous as dehydration of our physical bodies! Yet, we have an endless supply of living water set before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment