Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Learning to decrease

October 20, 2010


John 3:30 He must increase but I must decrease

For a while now I’ve been on a journey to have Him increase in my life. That has been a productive endeavor, and of course, all thanks are to God. Yet, as I’ve also discovered lately this is only half the battle. The rest, and quite possibly the hardest part, is decreasing your “self”. This is the battle. The only way to really allow God’s word to affect your life is if you allow it to change your life. There are many things we can “know” about God and His word, and it is great to learn them, we are commanded to learn them. However, it is only when we put that knowledge to work in our lives that we will see the differences. “He must increase BUT I MUST DECREASE”

No comments:

Post a Comment