Monday, July 1, 2013

there is only one right answer...


July 1, 2013
Hebrews 10:29-30
V 30 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God

Recently I read a blog post that has really plagued my mind. The author of the post took Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount and distorted it to prove her political agenda. She took out only what was necessary to prove her point. This bothered me on several levels. First, the agenda that she was promoting was so obviously against what God’s word tells us. He very specifically in other parts of His word condemns what she was promoting. Yet, I suppose the author was either ignorant of this or choose to ignore it in order to fool her audience into thinking that God would condone this practice. Secondly, she was willingly seeking to lead others astray by attaching God’s blessing on what He would absolutely not bless. Thirdly, she criticized those who would stand against her post and argue that in fact this is not something that God’s word allows His children to participate in. She called us, and I willingly put myself here, fundamental and unrelenting. Well actually she called us a lot of things but that’s not important. The fact is, only one of us is right. God can’t both condone and condemn a practice. So, which is it? Who’s right? The frightening thing about that question, and I don’t know if the author realizes this or not, but the one who is wrong, she or I, will experience what verse 30 of Hebrews talks about. “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God,” from my standpoint I want to make absolutely sure that I am not that person. Hebrews 10:29 tells us “How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant…”. Make no mistake about it God takes the obedience of His word, and the glory of His name very seriously. He cares not about the politics of man. We should probably take better care with it, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment