Tuesday, July 9, 2013

no matter what...


July 9, 2013
Hebrews 6:3 And this we will do if God permits…

I found this verse as I was searching for another verse. It’s a gem of a verse that to me brings great comfort. Often we pray, or I pray, thinking that God should just grant me my prayer because of course I know what is best for me or the situation. Right, who would know better than me? The obvious answer to that question is God of course. He always knows better and it is the height if human arrogance to assume differently. God wants us to come to Him with our everything: our praise, our supplications, our tears, and our hurts and angers. He wants to hold us, give us strength, and for us to trust in His sovereignty and wisdom. This is what makes this verse a jewel. We can be lost in a storm or trudging through a deserted valley but in either situation we do so with His “Will” guiding our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment