Tuesday, July 2, 2013

do not fear...


July 2, 2013
Matthew 1:20 But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

In his sermon last Sunday our pastor mentioned that he had, during his quiet times, done a bible study on how the angels ministered to Jesus while here on earth. This interested me, so here I am. Just typing in “angel” in the search engine of my bible app gives many references. However, they are narrowed done some when I only look at the ones pertaining to Jesus earthly ministry and His second coming!

First up, Matthew account of the angel’s visit to Joseph. I love to give good news. I actually can hardly wait to tell somebody about an upcoming surprise. When we went to Disney last year, it was all I could do not to tell my kids the moment I made the reservations 180 days prior to the trip. What an even more amazing privilege to tell of our Saviors birth. This angel, whomever, he was got to be one who proclaimed the messiah’s coming. His arrival so sought after was immanent. And this angel heralded it…

No comments:

Post a Comment