Friday, January 18, 2013

little red riding hood...


January 18, 2013
Acts 20:27-29
V 29 …fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock

Thanks to my son, Jackson, I have watched lots of Animal Planet and Nat Geo Wild. I have had the opportunity to watch many shows about wolves. In general, I’d be confident to say that I wouldn’t want to have to deal with any variety of them, human or animal. They are predators; in order for that to be true there must be prey. Unfortunately, the prey for human wolves is God’s church. It’s the flock of the Shepherd. Many times these human wolves will do anything to get to its prey, even hide itself in sheep’s clothing. Perhaps, this is the most dangerous wolf; the one you never see coming. But God, in His infinite wisdom, has given to His church a protector, an under shepherd to watch over His flock. That being said it’s of the upmost importance that churches choose someone worthy and up for the task.

1 comment:

  1. I always like reading your post on this blog. Your "other" blog is so hilarious! :) That one makes me laugh! If I only read this blog I would never know your "other" side! HaHa!!

    ReplyDelete