Thursday, June 21, 2012

He can see what I cannot...


June 21, 2012

Isaiah 54:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts, than your thoughts



This is a comforting thought, maybe a little frustrating at times cause really we just want to know “why”, but it is comforting to know that God knows the why. When we are in the midst of a situation that we really have no control over we are forced to accept God’s will. True, we are always under God’s will, but it just seems more evident when we are in a situation that we have no voice in. Even more so if that situation makes us angry, hurt, or upset in any way; these words can give us comfort. In a recent conversation with one of my children I reminded him that we only have control over our actions, not the path we are walking on or the actions of others; we only control our actions and the attitude of our heart. May I remember that advice for myself; I may not understand or agree with my situation but I know and rest in the fact that “…my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” He can see what I cannot.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, my friend!! Thanks for following my blog and now I can follow you also! It was so good getting to meet you Sunday and now I can put a face with the name! :) I am very excited to have a "new" friend! Love, Cantina

    ReplyDelete