Wednesday, June 20, 2012

plethora of drama...


June 20, 2012

Proverbs 19:11 Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense



Sometimes I think we are the only family to ever have “situations.” I mean I think drama seems to follow us around. I guess this is the way with everybody, but as humans we tend to not “air our dirty laundry” in public, so to speak. Well, I’m not going to do that either, but I will admit to a plethora of drama in our family lately. One such episode lead me to this verse, “Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.” Much easier said than accomplished I have discovered. I want to lash out. I want to fly off the handle. I want to let loose of this temper that I’m barely holding on to. Yet, I can’t. I know that’s wrong. I know that is contrary to every word I type on here each morning. But I want to do it. A wise and wonderful preacher once told me, “You always have to go home.” What he meant by that is no matter what “drama” is going on, no matter how hurt, or angry, we may become; we can never destroy our relationships in a way that we couldn’t witness to that person again. Because really that’s the most important calling we, as believers, have in this world.  So as we go about the business of “living in but not of” this world, our actions and reactions have to reflect God and His glory, not my anger!

No comments:

Post a Comment