Thursday, October 13, 2011

at the mercy of...


October 13, 2011

1 John 2:1

V 1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.



I think that I sometimes have the attitude that my sin is bigger than me. That I have no control over whether I sin or not; like my sin is too strong for me to resist. I have no choice but to sin. Not all sin of course; I have managed to not kill anyone today! But that sin that plagues our steps, the sin that always seems to be present around every corner; that’s the sin I sometimes think I’m at the mercy of. Yet, that thought is not only not true, but it’s unbiblical. The only thing that controls us, as believers, is God’s Holy Spirit. That’s it; we are able to resist sinning. It’s not easy and will require constant attention to our “self” but we are capable of not sinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment