Friday, October 28, 2011

her children will rise up and call her blessed...



October 28, 2011

Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken



As I sat yesterday listening to my brother-in-law give the sweetest eulogy to his beloved grandmother, I was once again amazed at the hope and peace we have in Jesus. I know that Tom was hurting, I know that every one of her three children, her six grandchildren, and most of her sixteen great-grandchildren (some are too young) were hurting. Yet, I know without a doubt they were comforted by the Hope they have in Christ. They were comforted mostly, of course because they knew Nannie’s testimony; she was saved and going home as she said often. They were comforted in the fact that although God says it’s ok to cry but do not be grieved because Jesus will come again, and when He does we shall see her again. They were comforted because of the legacy that she left with her family. Nannie was a woman whose children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren will rise up and call blessed. I am blessed to have known her. What greater legacy can a mother ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment