Monday, November 5, 2012

the call to home-school...


November 5, 2012

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it

 

Today I am thankful that God called me to home-school. I will admit that I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I decided to be obedient to God’s calling me to teach my children. I will admit that on many days I have failed but on many days we have succeeded beyond what I thought was possible.

Home-schooling is intended to educate my children in the best way possible; yet, it is so much more. Through this endeavor I have grown so much. I have seen how God has changed me through it. I have become more disciplined and way more dependent on Him to help me. I have become much less selfish in my time (not that I don’t still have a lot to work on in that area!) We still have many more years left of home-school, and part of me is excited about that and part of me knows it’s going to be a whole lot of work but I wouldn’t change a minute of it. I know that if I had to send my children to public school I would be devastated. Home- schooling my children and seeing them learn as been then greatest accomplishment of my life and if I never do anything greater I am so OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment