Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Needing the Words...

April 13, 2011


Proverbs 31:29 Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all

This goes along with verse 28 where we see that both her husband and her children praise her for how she takes care of them. This is an extension to that verse. “Words of Affirmation and Love” is one of my love languages, or for those who are not sure what that is, “Words of Affirmation and Love” is a way that I feel love, a way that makes me realize that others love and appreciate me. (If you have no clue what I’m talking about google Gary Chapman 5 Love Languages.) I wonder if this woman was the same; I wonder if hearing this beautiful praise out of the mouths of her husband and children gave her a wonderful sense of love. Yet, as I had that thought, I realized, she would have done all she did anyway, despite a lack of praise, because she did it out of a sense of loving God. He was the reason she sacrificed, she worked, and she toiled day and night. Had she lived her life without knowing how much her family loved and appreciated her that would have been fine; not to say she wouldn’t have missed it, but God’s glory would have been more important to her. Having said that, I must say that I’m sure hearing these words of praise from her family must have swelled her heart. Is there anyone in our lives that deserve hearing some words of praise? If so…give it to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment