Friday, April 8, 2011

The Taste of Idleness...

April 8, 2011


Proverbs 31:27 She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness

One of the more recognized verses associated with The Proverbs 31 Woman, right. I mean we’ve all read this; we’ve all compared ourselves to her in this matter and come up short, right. Well let me just say that I have. Again, I think it’s important to remember this embodied her whole life, this was a characteristic that was woven into each day. Maybe for us we can’t say we never “eat the bread of idleness” at some point, but we could say that we strive very hard not to. I have a great friend who once shared a story with me on how she came to be the immaculate keeper of the home she is today. What did she do?...she prayed about it; she prayed that God would make her a good housekeeper, and you know what, He did. Many times when we pray there is a sense of uncertainty, like we don’t really know if God will answer in the way we want. However, I believe that if you pray for biblical things to be added to your life, God delights in answering those. If you no longer want the taste of idleness on your tongue, pray it away. Pray that God would make you a woman who looks well to the ways of her house hold and who does not eat the bread of idleness. It worked for my friend and it will work for you. How did it work for me? Well, pretty good; I’m so much better than I used to be but not where I want to be yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment