Monday, December 13, 2010

The Confidence of Prayer...

December 13, 2010


Psalm 86:6 In my day of trouble I call upon you, for you answer me

Interestingly the Psalmist doesn’t say, “all I have left to do is pray” or “when all else fails pray.” He doesn’t tell us what else he is doing along with praying; no, he simply says “I call upon you, for you answer me…” I find myself wondering, why when we find ourselves in trouble, our first response isn’t hitting our knees in prayer. I wonder why we don’t go to God with the confidence that He will answer us. I think that perhaps we fear the answer. I’m sure that most believers are firm in their belief of God’s power, but there is nothing we can do about the answer. That is solely in God’s hands and His plan. We can however, be confident in knowing that His plan is in our best interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment