Wednesday, December 1, 2010

With Your Strength...

December 1, 2010


Psalm 86:1 Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy

A sweet dear friend of mine recently included part of this Psalm in a recent email; the verses really spoke to my heart and I decided to spend some time thinking on each verse in it. How true is the part that I am “poor and needy” but not the most amazing part of this verse? Nope, the most amazing part of this verse is the fact that we, as believers, can call upon God and He will listen. We can know that God’s ear is always available to us. It’s true that God’s plan will never take us to places that His grace can’t keep us. Yet, what we sometimes forget is that it isn’t our strength that keeps us there. It isn’t our strength that causes us to fly on wings of eagles. No it is His strength that sustains us; that allows us to walk. We can only walk by faith if we are walking in His strength daily not just in time of trials but every day. “You answered me when I called to you; with your strength you strengthen me” (Psalm 138:3). In both of these verses the Psalmist is calling out to God. Have we called out to Him lately because without doubt He will answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment