Wednesday, December 19, 2012

...singing loud, proud, and a little off key


December 19, 2012

Luke 2:12-14

V14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased

 

I can’t sin; not at all. I want to, and there are certain times I can convince myself it’s not THAT bad, but the reality is…I can’t sing. That being said “I love music” I love to listen to it; music moves me. It stirs within me a love for God and all He has done for us. I love to praise Him in song. I love to listen to Him being worshiped through music and singing. I would have loved to have been with these shepherds that night and heard the heavenly host praising God. I would have loved to have been in the throne room with Isaiah as he heard the seraphim singing “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts…” I can only imagine how beautiful it sounded as they praised God. Truth is; it doesn’t really matter how bad or really how good we sing. What is the most important is our heart’s attitude while we are doing it. So, if you are like me and just a tad bit vocally challenged, sing loud from a heart that seeks to honor Him. For He will be pleased with your offering!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment