Thursday, July 5, 2012

walking the tight-rope...


July 5, 2012

Isaiah 3:1-10

V 10 Tell the righteous that it shall be will with them, for they shall eat the fruit of their deeds



For nine whole verses I read things like, “…because their speech and their deeds are against the Lord, defying His glorious presence,” and this “For the look on their faces bears witness against them; they proclaim their sin like Sodom, they do not hide it.” Isaiah is seriously giving the Children of Israel, God’s chosen people, a lecture. He is telling them that God is angry at them. Personally, I try not to think about God being angry with me; yet, I know that my sin makes Him so. Just verse after verse of how their flagrant sin offends their Holy God. Then as I’m sitting here thinking, “Oh, Wow;” I come to this verse. “Tell the righteous it shall be well with them…” So, I can assume that it is possible to be righteous in a world that is opposed to God. It’s a tight-rope act that we believers must walk; the living in the world but not of the world one. It can be difficult, it certainly requires daily contact with God, but it is possible. I want to be able to rest knowing that I will “…eat the fruit of my deeds,” but in order for that to happen my deeds must be good. That is what we must strive for in this lost world; having deeds that are worthy of a Child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment