Friday, July 20, 2012

doing all you can do...for real


Isaiah 5:1-4

V 4 What more was there to do for my vineyard that I have not done in it?



Can we say that? I mean truthfully. Many time, I think, or at least in my life this is the case, I will utter the words, “I’ve done all I can do.” But what is more truthful is probably “I’ve done all I’m willing to do.” Yet, in this passage the “beloved” did all the work and still didn’t get the results he desired. This is also a sad fact that’s hard for us to understand; even if we work hard and do all we can do, we may still not end up with what we want. This is the time when we must have faith that God’s plan is always the best plan. However, don’t use that knowledge as an excuse to do half the work in any given situation. We can only find comfort in this situation if we have truly done everything we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment