Tuesday, May 8, 2012

who controls me...


May 8, 2012

1 Timothy 5:6 but she who is self-indulgent is dead even while she lives



I can distinctly remember the first time I heard this verse. I was just a tiny bit fearful, as you can imagine. Who wants to be confronted with their selfishness! Not me. Yet, here I was sitting in a great woman’s conference getting pounded by my own selfish desires. I left that meeting crushed to realize how much I had allowed my “self” to control what I did or sometimes what I didn’t do. I cried! And in many areas I have changed! I love how God works, and I love how He sometimes allows us to see how He works. I love that I came to this verse, even though it’s a hard one, on the day that I’m dealing or confronting other areas in my life that I have allowed “self” to control. I love that God reminded me of this today, to further convict me to be obedient, when my habit would be to ignore what I needed to do in exchange for what I would want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment