Friday, May 4, 2012

saying good-bye to the negative...


May 4, 2012

Psalm 107:30 Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven



Last night at Jackson’s ballgame a friend of mine made this statement…”Girls, in our 40’s we are going to deny negativity in our lives.” Of course, in that moment I laughed because my friend is a hoot, but the more I’ve thought about it I think her idea certainly has merit, even though I’m not quiet in my 40’s yet! I have been dealing with a few things that are a hold-over from a situation that God has recently delivered me through. Ever have that happen, you are out of the fire and storm and in relatively peaceful waters, yet, you can’t seem to shake off the after effects. Well, suffice it to say those aftereffects are “negativity” that I shouldn’t allow in my life. They shouldn’t be allowed into the “haven” that God has lead me to. Yet, here they sit. How to shake them? How does one go about losing negativity? I’m convinced that like all things in our Christian walk it’s easier said than done, and must be done with God’s strength not my own. Today, I’m simply pondering this thought; I certainly haven’t concurred the “negativity” yet. I’ll let you know how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment