Thursday, May 3, 2012

practice makes perfect...


May 3, 2012

1 Timothy 4:15 Practice these things, devote yourself to them so that all may see your progress



“Practice these things…”. My sweet darling daughter takes piano lessons, and her piano recital is fast approaching. Her recital piece is called Musette by Bach (yes, I’m amazed that my baby girl can play Bach!). She must perfect this piece if she is to play it flawlessly at her recital. That being said; I think every person in this house could play Musette because we have heard it over, and over, and over, and over, and over. She practices it constantly...BUT she knows it; I mean she can play her piece flawlessly. When she walks up to that stage, sits at that piano, and plays her heart out everyone will know that she has spent hours practicing. This is an example of how we are to “practice” the things of God; so much so that our first reactions to problems will be godly ones not fleshly ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment