Friday, September 3, 2010

Cleansing the Temple...

September 3, 2010


John 2:13-22

V 15 And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple…

I love this story of Jesus. I think that this tells a different side of Jesus that the world would sometimes like to forget. The world will portray Jesus as a weak man, I’m speaking in terms of physical strength, they deny that He is God and inherently strong. No doubt that He kept His strength in check and of course was never cruel, but He was a strong man who took the reverence of God’s temple seriously. This verse tells us that He “made a whip”; He was very angry at how the Jewish people were making money in the place they should have been worshipping God. He was righteously angry that His Father’s house would be desecrated in this manner, and of course, He never sinned in His anger, He wasn’t mean but He did manage to get His point across quickly. That amazes me; since, I can’t seem to get through a day without sinning in my anger!! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment