Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Being a Light...

September 14, 2010


John 3:16-21

V 19…the light has come into the world…

Absolutely, no doubt about it, this verse is referring to Jesus and through His birth He brings salvation to us. Those of us who have been saved are called to be the “light”. Through our lives and actions others will see Jesus. This is a daunting task to me because I know that many times my actions and life doesn’t always show Jesus. I wish it weren’t true but alas it is. Matthew 5:14-16 says “You are the light of the world…let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven”. Some days I’m a good old-fashioned 100 watt bulb, but sometimes I’m a new swirly 30 watt bulb. Same Holy Spirit residing in me both days so there’s no excuse for this; it’s all a matter of sin. So, maybe, we should ask ourselves each day “how is our lights shining today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment