Tuesday, March 4, 2014

resting on the promises...

March 4, 2014
Romans 1:2 which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures.


There are so many scriptures where the words “God has promised” or “He kept His promise.” So, many in fact that it would take you quite a while to get through them; He keeps His promises. Our God is unchanging. He is the same today and He was yesterday and He will be the same tomorrow. He is never “in the mood to not keep His promise.” One of my favorite things to tell my kids is “Promises are important” we never make promises that we don’t intend to keep. We, however, are human and there may be a time that we can’t for whatever reason keep a promise. We might, (GASP) just not want to keep it; so we don’t. God isn’t like that. If it’s a promise in His word; He will keep it. Psalm 119:50 says, “This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.” I can read this verse and know that in Him and His promises I can live.

No comments:

Post a Comment