Tuesday, December 10, 2013

making room...


December 10, 2013
Luke 2:7 …Wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger because there was no place for him in the inn.

I have heard that read at every Christmas for as along as I can remember. That part about him having no real “room” has always bothered me. I mean I would be sad for any baby and Mom to deal with delivery in a stable, or what was most probably a small cave. So for absolute certainty I hate the thought of Jesus being born in one. He deserves so much more. Yet, there was no “room for Him.” As I read that this morning I was reminded that many times we live our lives with the attitude or the actions that show we have “no room” for Him. We believe we can make the best decisions for our lives and families. We allow our sinful pride to delude us time and time again until we have no “room.” If the Son of God deserved to be born in an actual room instead of some place for farm animals, He certainly deserves to live at the forefront of our lives and not pushed to the back of a shelf for only when we “need” Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment