Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 2 the comfort of control...


December 2, 2013
Luke 1:26  “In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth”

Since it’s the Christmas Season, my favorite all year, I’m devoting my devotion time to verses that either deal with Jesus’ birth directly or foretell of His birth. So for a while I will be everywhere in God’s word!
As I picked up the bible this morning I turned to Luke because this book is my favorite when it comes to telling about the birth of Jesus. I’ve read this passage a lot. I thought I was familiar with every part of it; today, however, I saw that I was wrong about that. This morning the words “…was sent from God” jumped out at me. God sent that angel. This tells me a few things. One that God is in control of the timing of events in our lives. Gabriel, the angel, didn’t just decide to leave Heaven, He was sent. God knew exactly when He needed to be there to deliver this life-altering message. God also controls the events that occur in our lives. I once had someone ask me if I believed that God controlled all things. Yes, absolutely I do. To me this is comforting. To me I can’t imagine finding any amount of comfort in the thought of things just happening to me without anything to control it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment