Monday, January 24, 2011

Resting...

January 24, 2011


Lamentations 2:15-17

V 17 The Lord has done what he purposed

At the same time this verse or the thought of God’s will fills me with both peace and fear. Peace in the fact that knowing God is in control and that all His ways are perfect and fearful because what if His will isn’t the same as mine. What if our desires aren’t in line with each other? As I’m walking a difficult journey in my life right now, I find that even in both the fear and the peace, I find rest. I know that the outcome might not be good in this situation; in fact, it could potentially be very bad and painful. Yet, I still rest. I believe with all my heart that God works all things to the good of those who love Him. All our problems, not just the easy things or the good things, but all things. I know that I have to give up “my will” to rest in His Will, but really, who better to hold the fate of all those I hold dear but God.

No comments:

Post a Comment