Monday, January 31, 2011

Quietly Waiting...

January 31, 2011


Lamentations 3:25-26

V 25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him


V 26 It is good that one should wait quietly

So, yeah, I don’t wait well. For much of anything; I can’t even just sit still well without a book or something to occupy my thoughts. As I am writing that, I realize how juvenile that really sounds. Yet, it is no less than truthful. So, not only is God telling me that I must, that it is good, to wait for Him. I also have to do so quietly. Meaning, I can’t complain about it. How hard is that? Very, as much as I do not like waiting; being quiet about it is even harder. However, I know that God does not just put stuff for us to do in His word; no, everything is there for our edification, our growth. Nothing is gained without a struggle. So, I will wrestle my thoughts, and wait quietly for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment