Thursday, January 27, 2011

But This I call to Mind...

January 27, 2011


Lamentations 2:20-22, 3:1-22

V 21 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope


V 22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end

Verse 22 is one of those verses that everyone loves; it’s one of those that fill your heart with gladness that you are His. It’s often quoted and put on pictures to hang in our homes. Yet, to me I like verse 21. It’s a great verse that might get overshadowed by the powerful one after it. “But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope…” In order to have hope, we must know God. Not just in the overall knowledge that we learn on Sundays or from great worship music; I mean an intimate knowledge. I recently heard a quote that reminded me of the importance of my daily walk with God…”I was finding that I was reading my Bible to get finished; not to be changed my God.” So that lead me to ask this of myself, and although, I can say that, I haven’t fallen that far behind yet; I’m still not hungering for knowledge like I have in the past. And that hurts me. So, I’m going to be more deliberate in my mornings once again. We will see where God takes me…

No comments:

Post a Comment