Wednesday, February 15, 2012

praise and requests...


February 15, 2012

Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live



This is a wonderful verse, and really one of my favorites. Today, I was convicted about something. There isn’t any doubt that God wants to hear our requests; He wants us to come before Him with the things we need. In fact, His word is clear on this. He desires to meet our needs. However, He desires something else from us also. He desires our praise. I wonder sometimes if I’m not too busy giving my requests to Him that I neglect His praise. There is something sweet to God about His praise on our lips; His word is clear on this as well. I, for one, must do a better job at giving praise with the same speed with which I ask requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment