Wednesday, February 22, 2012

his dwelling place...


February 22, 2012

Psalm 84:1-2 How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Hosts, My soul longs, Yes faints, for the courts of the Lord; My heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God



One of my favorite verses of scripture; I read in and I am instantly comforted. You can read it and be in His dwelling place, and you can have peace. There are many, many verses in scripture that speak of the glory of God, His righteousness, and His judgment; those are comforting in their own way. Yet, in this verse it’s all about His loving peace that can only be found in His presence; this verse is the comfy blanket you use when you are sick or sad. This is the verse that you pull out when your heart hurts and this world is just too much. This is the verse that takes us to His dwelling place. One day we will enter into His courts and never have to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment